Chlorine Etch Gas Fault, 3/27/11

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 27 09:24:55 PDT 2011

All,

The senor monitoring the gas cabinet for the chlorine etch gas went
in to fault this morning.  This type of event automatically shutdown
the gas cabinet, preventing any gas flow.  I did not see any obvious
leak during my inspection of the cabinet.

I am leaving the cabinet shutdown, so no chlorine gas will be
available for the etch tools, such as PQuest, Lampoly and the
P5000.  I placed a note on the door to the fab entrance, trying to
inform anyone planning on using the etch tools.

Regards,
SNF Staff