ion implantation question

Stephanie Claussen sclaussen at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:04:12 PST 2011

Hi all,

I am planning on doing phosphorous ion implantation this week at INNOViON
in San Jose. This will be on an already-fabricated vertical pin structure.
I was planning to deposit LPCVD oxide over my entire structure, then
pattern and etch it to open up the n regions where I want the ions
implanted.

Can anyone tell me how thick this oxide should be to prevent P doping in my
p region? Your prompt responses are greatly appreciated, as this is a
process I was planning on carrying out over the next day or two.

Thanks so much,
Stephanie