Tool Shutdown Schedule

Mary Tang mtang at
Mon Nov 28 16:48:24 PST 2011

Dear labmembers --

Renovation Countdown:  16 days!

As you know, the lab becomes a construction zone starting Thursday, Dec.
15.  In preparation for construction, staff will need to ensure that all
equipment is safe (all toxic gases are purged from tools and process
lines, wet benches decontaminated) and ready for an extended shutdown
(chambers cleaned, pumps PM'ed, etc.)  Also, all small tools, like
microscopes, will be removed from the lab.  With over 100 tools in the
lab, we'll need to stage all these activities to ensure a smooth,
on-time handover.  Attached is the current plan for tool shutdown.
Hopefully, this will help in your planning for any activities in
December -- please be aware this schedule is subject to change, but that
any changes will be communicated via regular updates and on Coral.

Thanks for your patience as we ramp up our shutdown plans.

Your SNF Staff

Paul G. Allen Room 136, Mail Code 4070
Stanford, CA  94305
mtang at