SNF Renovation: Lab Storage Cleanup,Part 1-Oct. 24

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 8 07:42:36 PDT 2011

Dear labmembers --

Please be aware that the upcoming SNF renovation begins in two weeks --
and we need your help!

- CAD Room Storage by Oct. 24:  This room will become the new
maintenance workshop.  Make sure to remove all your personal items from
the CAD room (Allen 151) by Oct. 24.  Undated items or Items in boxes
dated more than one year ago are subject to immediate removal.  All
boxes and items not removed by Oct. 24 are subject to disposal.  If you
are from off-campus, are NOW ACTIVELY working in the lab and require
access to your items, let us know and we will find temporary storage space.

- Cubicle area by Oct. 24:  This area will be reconfigured to
accommodate displaced staff members and existing occupants.  All
personal items must be removed so planning may begin.  The area will
remain available for use by visitors and consultants until it is
reconfigured, but all personal items should be removed and stored safely
off-site.

Part 2 of the lab storage cleanup will be on Dec. 12.  By 9 am, all
personal items must be removed from the lab storage bins and wip racks.
The renovation involves extensive construction on the HEPA's and space
above them, so your personal items will be safer outside the lab.  We
also need space to accommodate four new etchers, so storage bins will be
reconfigured and reassigned when the lab reopens.

Just a reminder that construction begins on 12/15/11.  Individual tools
will be shut down before then as we stage for the long term shutdown; we
will post plans as they are finalized.  The lab will be open for
occupancy on Feb. 1, 2012, but be aware that this is when staff is
allowed back into the lab.  There will be a startup period as tools are
brought back online.

If you have any questions, please contact any staff member.  Regular lab
renovation updates will be posted on the website starting next week.

Thanks for your attention --

Your SNF Staff