Gram gauge for wirebonder force calibration?

Joey Doll jcdoll at
Tue Oct 18 12:22:10 PDT 2011

Hi Labmembers -
Does anyone have a gram gauge that I could borrow to calibrate the force
applied by a wirebonder? I'm using a Westbond 7400E to wirebond thin (50nm)
metal bondpads, and the tool has a tendency to punch through the electrode
and short to another layer below it. I've tried adjusting the power/time and
switching from ultrasonic to thermocompression/thermosonic to no avail. If
you have a gauge or experience working with thin bondpads please let me
know. Thanks!

- joey