Fab Evacuation Alarm, 9/18/11

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Sun Sep 18 17:04:42 PDT 2011

All,

It is safe to go back in to the fab.  The alarm was from the Ozone detector monitoring the exhuast on the Fiji ALD systems.  Working with the fire department, using their portable detector we could not find a trace of ozone in the fab area.  As a precaution, I have shut down the Fiji systems until we can take a look at the system and the detector on Monday.  Very low concentrations of ozone is generated within the system and exhausted through the scrubber and should never reach the fab air.

Thanks to the lab member community which called the duty phone and allowed us to quickly.

Regards,
SNF Staff