Two quick questions for our industrial lab members ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 3 06:26:16 PDT 2012

SNF Industrial Lab Members:

The National Science Foundation has asked us two questions about
companies that are using our facility that are difficult for us to know,
but likely very easy for you to determine.  This information will be
only used by NSF and will not be published or discussed outside of the
National Science Foundation.  It should only take a minute or two to
respond.

First, they have asked us to identify companies that were founded based
on technology developed primarily at SNF or at one of the other NNIN
laboratories.  This will primarily be companies formed by a faculty
member or a graduate student based on University research, that have
spun off from such research activity, or by companies that have licensed
such technology.

Second, they have asked us to identify companies that conduct the great
majority of their fabrication R&D effort at SNF or at one of the other
NNIN laboratories.

If you believe that your company falls into either category, would you
kindly send me a quick email message that includes your company name,
the approximate year that your company was founded, and the category to
which your company belongs.

Thanks for your consideration.

John

Note: the other institutions that are members of the NNIN include
Arizona State University, Cornell University, Georgia Tech, Harvard,
Howard University, Penn State, UCSB, University of Colorado, University
of Michigan, University of Minnesota, UT Austin, University of
Washington, and Washington University  of St. Louis.