New sputter training & sputtering vendor out of SNF

Yongliang Yang ylyang at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 3 15:53:13 PDT 2012

Hi, Ed,

I just stopped by your office about the training on Intlvac. My wafers have been ready to deposit 1um Al/2%Si. Please let me know when you can arrange the training.

to lab-members,does anyone know where I can do the HF dip and Al/2%Si sputtering out of SNF? I am fabricating cantilever-tip structure, and need to deposit Al as electric connection. Before deposition, native oxide should be removed.. But I can not do the Ar etching since the Ar bombardment will make the tip dull. The only choice is HF dip. Most vendors out of SNF do not have HF capability.

Also, I noticed on coral, there is no people use our new/old Intlvac, the only clean metal deposition tool in SNF. I do not know why?

If you can give me some information about the qualification of Intlvac or suggestions about my process, that will be great.

Best,
Yongliang