making tiny through holes in glass substrate

Chienliu Chang clchang6 at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 6 00:01:25 PDT 2012

Dear Ben,
I know two solutions for your spec.
1. You can find "Photosensitive glass wafers" in HOYA. They also offer
conductive feed-throughs if needed.
2. Electrochemical etch of Pyrex glass. (You can search the author
"Esashi".)

Method 2 above is doable here.
Additionally, I also have tried femto-second laser, but it is not a cheap
way. (You can search my paper.)
I think there are still a lot of methods.
Good luck.
Chienliu

Chienliu Chang, Ph.D.

Room 104
Ginzton Laboratory
Center for Nanoscale Science & Engineering
Stanford University
348 Via Pueblo, Stanford, CA 94305-4088

Phone: 650-725-2265
Email: clchang6 at stanford.edu