laser glass machining - how about glass drilling?

Matt Kerby mkerby at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 22 00:40:14 PDT 2012

Max,

If you want to drill holes perpendicular to the surface of glass microscope
slides, you should use the SNF's Roland MDX-15 CNC.  I setup and use the
system for super-clean automated pattern drilling of 635 micron diameter
holes (60+ per run) in 0.7mm thick glass wafers. The hole diameter is
determined by your diamond drill bit diameter and the geometry via CAD file.
Let me know if this is what you need and I can assist with the details.

Best,

Matt Kerby