Sputter gold on Al piece

Yongliang Yang ylyang at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 24 12:20:01 PDT 2012

Thank you for lab members' reply and sharing the valuable experience.

If only considering the adhesion, the gold can be directly deposited on Al without adhesion layer. But there is intermetallic (Purple plague) at Al-Au contact, which has different properties. So it is better to have adhesion layer.

Best,
Yongliang