contest for new SNF logo

Roger T. Howe rthowe at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 3 08:27:17 PST 2012

Dear SNF Labmembers,

As we all eagerly await the re-opening of the SNF and the installation,
permitting, and release this spring of the three new PlasmaTherm dry
etchers, the new Oxford III-V etcher, the 2nd Centura epi chamber, our
2nd Fiji PE-ALD, and our 2nd Savannah (to be operated in a glovebox for
molecular vapor deposition), I'd like to invite you to participate in a
competition for a new logo for the SNF.  Our current logo (see the
website to check it out) dates to the beginning of NNUN in the
mid-1990s.  All with artistic talent, or without it for that matter, are
invited to design a new logo over the next two weeks.  This email is
going to the labmember community, but we'd like to open it to your
friends, as well.

The deadline is 5:00 pm, Pacific Time, Friday, February 17. Please send
it in .gif, .jpg, or .pdf format.  A committee consisting of the senior
SNF staff and I will select the winner.  The prize:  a Kindle Fire.

Thanks,
Roger Howe