Today's lab evacuation

Maurice M Stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 24 14:46:06 PDT 2012

Hi Members,

We had a POCl alarm and Silane alarm go off in separate two exhausted cabinets at ~2:05pm today above the Tylan LPCVD furnaces. The sensors in the breathing zone did not detect anything.

We are waiting for the levels in those two cabinets to return to normally before letting users re-enter the lab.
We expect to let everyone back in at 3:00pm.

The Tylans 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, will all be shutdown while we investigate the cause of the alarms.

We will send an update when we have more information.