TGO Testing Monday Aug. 6th

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 31 09:49:27 PDT 2012

All,

We are tentatively scheduled for the County to come in Monday afternoon
(1pm-5pm) and test our Toxic Gas Monitoring changes associated with the
new etcher installation.  The county will want to see live gas
challenges, which will lead to shutdown of our hazardous gases.  This
will be very dissruptive since it will effect the gas supplies all the
etcher, epi, LPVCD, PECVD, etc.  Once I receive confirmation as to the
time of the visit, I will make blocking reservations on all the tools
which will be effected.

While I know how disruptive this is, it is also very good news for those
waiting for the new etcher to come on line.  We must pass this
inspection before we can turn on the process gases.  Once we can turn on
the process gases, the process engineers can come in and do the final
start-up and qualification on the four new etchers.

Regards,
The SNF Staff