Lab is back on (mostly)

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 23 15:31:56 PDT 2012

Hi all --

The lab is mostly back on.  Please check Coral for down tools (primarily
furnaces and epi2).  Make sure to read the comments for wet benches, as
new chemicals will need to be poured.  There is still a faint odor of
sulfur around the building, but this should dissipate with a little time.

The scrubber exhaust maintenance procedure took a bit longer than
expected, due to some excitement with our toxic gas detection system.
No, despite the odors, there was no toxic gas release event.  But we
find we are unable to reset some of the toxic gas sensors, so some
furnaces and epi remain down.  Again, please check Coral.

Many thanks for Jose in Facilities for being on the ball and John Shott
for just being there and knowing the answers to everything.

Please record your observations on Coral or send a note to staff.

Thanks for your patience --

Your SNF Staff

Paul G. Allen Room 136, Mail Code 4070
mtang at stanford.edu