EE412 mentoring for spring 2012 class

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 6 11:51:04 PST 2012

hello labmembers,
the snf is almost fully back online and many new pieces of equipment and
upgraded equipment are now available.  A prime opportunity for interested
an motivated students to make a major contribution to the snf community
through EE412 projects.  if you are interested in doing a 412 project in
ALD i have several ideas and welcome more.  ideas are floating around for
several other projects and equipment, in case you are looking for a mentor.

the best ticket to a quality 412 project is pre-planning because the course
is so short due to the quarter system.

if you are interested in working with me on a 412 project (ALD or
otherwise) in the spring 2012 quarter, you must meet with me to secure a
plan before the quarter begins.  in fact, ideally i would like to involve
dr. john bumgarner (SNF director of operations) in the project scope
conversation before the spring quarter as well, so sooner is better than
later to start the discussion.

feel free to email or just drop by my office (allen 127x).