Lab Access Restriction, Thursday 5:30-9 am

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 6 12:44:27 PST 2012

Dear labmembers --

As part of the new nSiL lab fit up, the contractors will be using a
crane to lift a large fan unit onto the roof of the lab.  For safety
reasons, during this time, no one is allowed in the cleanroom, in the
Receiving area, or in the adjacent rooms (Maintenance Shop, Wafersaw
room and Test room).  Access to the corridor leading to the lab and to
the receiving area out back will be blocked.

Access will be blocked from 5:30 am on Thursday, March 8, until the fan
and crane are secured.  The contractors plan to be done by 9 am, if not
sooner.

With a few exceptions, no unattended processes may be run during this
time -- because if anything goes wrong, no one will be able to respond.
If during this time you wish to run a process unattended (Raith Ebeam
write, for example), send a request to the tool owner and copy me.
Otherwise,  processes ongoing during this time may be stopped.

Many apologies for the inconvenience.  This is the last major phase of
the renovation and plans are to complete the nSiL by the first week in
April.  We anticipate more disruptions to normal lab operations in the
next weeks, but they should be smaller and you will be updated as plans
are confirmed.

Thanks for your attention --

Your SNF Staff

Paul G. Allen Room 136, Mail Code 4070