MRS Speaker Series - Exponent, this Thursday, March 15th

Alok Vasudev alokv at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 13 13:22:33 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone!

The Stanford Materials Research Society will be hosting a speaker series
event this *Thursday, March 15 at 5:30 pm at McCullough 115*.

We will be having Alexi Rakow and Joseph Lemberg from Exponent to come to
campus and share their perspectives and working experiences as engineering
consultants at a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm.

*Title:*  The Exciting World of Technical Consulting: CSI, myth busters,
and My Ph.D.

*Abstract:*  As an Engineering Consultant, you’ll solve high-stakes,
detective-like problems using your engineering and scientific training.
 You’ll develop your technical, social, and business skills while working
with clients ranging from Engineers, to Attorneys and Executives to address
some of their most significant technical challenges.  You’ll work alongside
some of the best and brightest Engineers and Scientists from around the
world to solve multi-disciplinary problems with a multi-disciplinary
approach.  You’ll contribute to a diverse range of projects that vary
day-by-day, exposing you to the wide world of engineering and science.
 Come and learn more about how your background can fit into this exciting
world of technical consulting.

Alexi Rakow's profile and photo can be found at:
http://www.exponent.com/alexi_rakow/#tab_profile

Joseph Lemberg's profile and photo can be found at:
http://www.exponent.com/joseph_lemberg/#tab_profile

*Exponent information:*

Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm providing
solutions to complex technical problems. Our multidisciplinary team of
scientists, physicians, engineers, and regulatory consultants will perform
either in-depth scientific research and analysis, or very rapid-response
evaluations, to provide our clients with the critical information that both
day-to-day and strategic decisions can require.  Exponent has over 600
consultants, including more than 350 who have earned a doctorate in their
chosen field of specialization, and our consultants work in 20 offices
throughout the nation and 5 international offices.

Looking forward to seeing you there! Free food and drinks will be provided!