Fire alarm this evening ...

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 1 18:43:17 PDT 2012

SNF Lab Members:

As you already know if you were here, there was a brief fire alarm at
about 6 p.m. that lasted only a few seconds.

We apparently had a faulty resistor connection in the main panel.  While
the alarm technician was examining it, an alarm was triggered.  The
faulty component has now been replaced and, I believe, all gases and
laboratory services have been returned to a normal condition.

The only exception of which I am aware is the burn box that supports the
epi2 original chamber.  It will not come on and stay on and, I suspect,
is indicative of a coated thermocouple that will need to be extracted
and cleaned.

If there is anything that you find to be NOT supplied as you suspect,
please write it up and we will address it as soon as possible.

We apologize for the brief interruption that this alarm caused.

Have a good evening,