Laminar hood problem in SNF Litho

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 25 12:00:30 PDT 2012

Dear labmembers --

We've just been informed that two air transfer fans have failed so that
there is no laminar flow in part of the Litho area. Facilities is
working on a temporary repair which they expect will be done around 2 pm
today.  The laminar flow hoods affected are the ones that serve L101
aisle (Karlsuss1/2, lithosolv, ASML) and L100 (ovens, YES, headway2.)

The litho area will remain open.  However, we advise that if you have
any defect sensitive processes, you may want to delay work until the
laminar flow is back on later today.

Please also note that when the laminar flow comes back on later today,
it will be at 100% capacity rather than scaled back to 2/3 as it runs in
the rest of the lab and the L102 aisle (SVGcoat, SVGdev, EValign
systems).  This will no doubt be louder and may result in odd air flow
patterns in the litho area.  Facilities has ordered parts for repair,
but do not yet have an estimate as to when the parts are due in and
repairs can take place.  We will update you as soon as we hear.

Thanks for your attention --

Your SNF Staff

Paul G. Allen Room 136, Mail Code 4070
mtang at stanford.edu