Al2O3 etching

Jim McVittie mcvittie at
Tue Oct 30 14:28:19 PDT 2012

Back in 2006 with ALD A2O3 from our modified Spectrum CVD system, we used the following recipe in the P5000.

cleared about 200A of ALD-Al2O3 in 45 seconds (266A/min).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Max Marcel Shulaker" <maxms at>
To: "labmembers" <labmembers at>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:25:48 PM
Subject: Al2O3 etching

Hello everyone,
Hope it's a happy tuesday for you.  I was wondering if someone had experience dry etching Al2O3 from a fiji ALD chamber?  I have some recipes, but am wondering what other people use and what etch rates they get, etc.  Right now, I use BCL3/Cl2 on pquest, but am worried about the chloride and nasty residues left behind...