Comment lampoly SNF 2006-06-08 12:40:03: Lampoly prognosis

mtang at snf.stanford.edu mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:40:06 PDT 2006

Hi everyone --
This is the word from Cesar.  The turbopump is unusual, so we don't have a handy backup that can be installed.  (A spare one would run $45K and since the last time we replaced this was over six years ago, it did not seem to make sense to stock a unique spare.)  Cesar has found a local repair service.  They will guarantee a two week turnaround, but think they may be able to turn it around in a week.
If you desperately need lampoly etching, the Berkeley Microlab has a similar system/process (several people use lampoly here when their system is down.)