Shutdown lampoly SNF 2008-07-11 12:33:02: Good news and bad...

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 11 12:49:27 PDT 2008

Mary:

This sounds suspicious because Cesar took off and I put back on the
cover to the lower electrode matching network.  There were a couple of
cables there ..... one near by, but outside the box, and one inside the
RF matching network that I couldn't find an obvious location for.

I think that it might be worthwhile to shut off the RF supplies and both
look at those external cables and probably also the one inside the cover
to make sure that something didn't get disconnected or confused.

Also, inside the matching network there is a rotatable coil that is
driven by a motor that moves freely.  That certainly got moved while we
were in there .... and I don't know if there is any chance that this
somehow needs to be rezeroed.

But, to me at least, this just sounds too coincidental that you are
seeing lower electrode matching problems just after Cesar and I were
inside the lower electrode matching network ....

As soon as I finish a project, I'm heading in.

Thanks,

John