Shutdown lampoly SNF 2010-11-23 17:43:59: device wafer stuck in chamber

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:43:59 PST 2010

I ran four test dummies successfully, then tried a device wafer.  The device wafer also etched successfully, but when the unload arm tried to unload the wafer into the exit cassette, the exit cassette apparently didn't advance upwards, causing the wafer to stay on the arm and return to the ELL (this happened yesterday too but i was able to do 'wafer cleanup' to retrieve it.  Today, the machine didn't allow me that option.)  Worse still, the exit arm then returned the wafer to the etch chamber (because I was following up the device wafer with more dummies).  I don't know if my device wafer is still intact inside the etch chamber (there are two wafers in there now), but if it is, please try to remove it in one piece.  Thanks.