Comment lampoly SNF 2011-04-18 04:10:02: LAM often breaks first wafer

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 18 04:10:02 PDT 2011

Re S.Claussen's broken wafer, I also want to say that the LAM tends to break the first wafer into the chamber after being idle for a long time.  A day or two ago, the same thing happened to me (the first dummy wafer broke--this explains Cesar's finding two wafers in the chamber).  I meant to write it up but forgot.  And strangely enough, the machine continued to function and etch normally as far as etch rate was concerned.