Problem lampoly SNF 2011-01-19 14:52:28: HBr usage

mtang at snf.stanford.edu mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 19 14:52:29 PST 2011

Dear Lampoly and P5000Etch users --
Thanks for your patience.  There are two problems with the HBr supply.  First, we are nearly out.  A spare bottle has been on order for many weeks and has even shipped, but we do not have an estimated delivery yet (it can be a surprisingly long time because of regulations governing transport of hazardous chemicals).  Second, the HBr toxic gas sensor for the gas cylinder has been having problems.  The sensor head has been replaced and is under observation, but we cannot run HBr without monitoring.
Until these two problems are resolved, we will allow HBr use only during regular working hours (Monday-Friday, ~8-4) to allow staff to monitor both the remaining HBr supply and the sensor.  The HBr bottle will be shut off in the evenings and turned on in the morning.  Lampoly will be shutdown in the evenings.  A problem message will be posted on p5000etch.  We will update Coral as we work to resolve this problems.