Shutdown lampoly SNF 2011-11-18 16:59:14: Chiller

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 19 09:51:46 PST 2011

Lampoly community:
Found that the supply line from the chiller had popped out of the cheesy white Fast-n-Tite fitting on the back of the chiller ... as a result, restarting the pump dumps everything on the floor.
Replaced and retightened the line, filled the reservoir so that the level indicators extinguished and restarted the system.
Note:  there may still be a slow leak in the system .... if there is, during the shutdown we should send this chiller to Chiller Uptime for a rebuild and put our freshly-rebuilt chiller in service.
Have I mentioned that I hate Fast-n-Tite fittings .... they should be named Fast-n-not-so-Tite and should be eliminated whenever possible.
John