Problem lampoly SNF 2011-09-03 23:16:37: alarm 184 - the water chiller has failed

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Sun Sep 4 07:22:57 PDT 2011

Hi Scott --

Thanks for reporting.  It should be Ok to run, at least for shorter
etches (no more than a couple of minutes) which is why it is a yellow
alarm rather than red (I'm presuming).  And the alarms will continue to
annoy as they are supposed to.  I suspect the problem is the "chiller"
is a little low on water (it has a chronic, variable leak) and is
warning us.  The chiller actually heats just the electrode/chuck to 60C
(the rest of the chamber is resistively heated.)  It's worth keeping an
eye on chuck temperature on the Status pages because if it goes high,
the etch profiles will be terrible.

Mary