Comment lampoly SNF 2012-06-19 17:58:06: Filled lower chiller ....

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 19 17:58:06 PDT 2012

Team Etch:
I happened to be wandering around the basement and noticed that the lower chiller was reporting a low liquid level even though nobody had yet reported it as a problem.
I found the remaining supply of 50/50 glycol/water and added it.
That seemed to resolve the problem for the time being.  I did, however, use the remainder of the 50/50 mix and did not take the time to mix a new batch.
That chiller seems to be leaking.  I believe that we have a rebuild spare.  Is it time to swap it?  Did we ever figure out if we could easily swap the lower and upper chiller interface so that we can double the service life of these dual-channel chillers?
Thanks,
John