Fwd: Shutdown lampoly 2002-01-16 10:10:52: won't pumpdown

Sharleen Beckwith beckwith at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 16 10:20:45 PST 2002

>Subject: Shutdown lampoly 2002-01-16 10:10:52: won't pumpdown
>Date: Jan 16, 2002 10:10:53 AM
>From: evelyn at snf.stanford.edu
>To: lampoly-pcs at snf.stanford.edu
>
>alarm #40....entry loadlock won't pump to crossover

Just as an addendum. This has happened at least twice that I know of.
If this happens to you, please shut down the machine and disable it.
If you do not shutdown and disable, the wafer stuck on the flat
finder may end up in the etch chamber. The machine randomly, does
pump down the load lock and all of a sudden the wafer gets loaded
into the machine and starts etching. When you put the machine in
shutdown the etch gasses cannot flow so even if the wafer ends up in
the chamber the etch process won't start.