Etcher and Cl status

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 13 16:04:26 PDT 2007

All,

I apologize for the delays in getting the system(s) back on
line.  Unfortunately, we are still struggling with our chlorine gas
delivery system.  We are pretty confident there is a leak in either
the gas panel or a leak through from the bottle.  Not being able to
determine the origin of the leak is what is causing the delay.  If we
do have a leaking bottle, there is significant risk in opening the
line.  While we understand we are delaying work, we don't want to
cause a chlorine release (in the gas cabinet, outside of the fab and
work area) and especially have a person exposed to this release.

Please be assured, everyday we are working on this problem.  Today we
had a gas cabinet vendor review our panel and he made some
suggestions.  We will be following up with his recommendations and
are trying hard to get this resolved.

Regards,