Lampoly particles

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri May 9 13:55:50 PDT 2008

Hi all --

We've just learned from the more experienced Berkeley folk that the
black particles observed by a couple of people this week are actually
redeposited buildup from extensive use of the HBr-only recipe, without
alternating with the clean recipe.  Since the clean has been faulting
during the etch, we have not been able to run the full clean recipe.

I've just put the system down.  Apologies for the inconvenience, but we
don't want to risk contaminating people's wafers.  The system is
undergoing chamber purge now and the chamber will be cleaned first thing
Monday (thanks Elmer).  We will also work on troubleshooting the clean
recipe failure, which appears it might be an RF problem which is
manifested as a pressure control/turbo failure.

We would greatly appreciate it if lampoly users could report process
problems as they are observed.  If you have sample wafers or photos of
the black particles, they would be much appreciated for our defect library.

Thanks,

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.