lampoly update ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 15 19:32:03 PDT 2009

Lam poly community:

Here is what I believe the status of the lampoly tool is as of this
evening.  As you likely know, we broke a couple of clamp rings late
the week before last.  We were able to get a replacement from Berkeley
although we also had to get some little ceramic clips.  Mary, Elmer, and
Cesar determined that the electrode gap separation was not properly
calibrated.

Late last week, Mary spent a fair amount of time working on that
calibration and in properly setting the limit switches, but did not
complete this task before leaving for vacation.

Cesar has since spent some time with the tool and has determined that we
need a thinner set of ceramic clips and is working on getting those
ASAP.  Elmer has also arranged to have Lam field service come in to try
to get the tool properly calibrated.  Because this is Semicon week, that
has been difficult to schedule.  We expect, however, that they will be
in on Friday to get the gap calibration and limits properly set.  Will
the tool be released for use by the end of the week?  I hope so but, at
this point, can't guarantee it.

That is my understanding at the moment.  Let me know if you have any
questions,

John