Lampoly update

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 12 16:19:47 PST 2010

Hi all --

I know some of you have been waiting quite a while for lampoly.  I'm afraid the problems are not all resolved.  However, we're putting it back up for conditional use for now.

The system etches now etches well without flickering plasma.  It tunes reasonably well for recipes 1 and 99.  However, the tune and load settings are still near their limit.

The system is conditionally OK to use.  It will be fine for zero level mark etching on blank silicon wafers.  It may not tune well for other recipes or other wafers -- conditions where the automatch is at the limit.  So if you wish to use the system, please run test wafers for your recipe and watch your wafers very carefully.  If the system faults for RF match, do not continue running your recipe or wafers.  If you have a specific recipe you would like to test, let me know.

We hope to try to find ways to recenter the match system on Monday.

Thanks for your patience --

Team Etch

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.