HBr Status

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 19 14:50:53 PST 2011

Dear Lampoly and P5000Etch users --

Thanks for your patience.  There are two problems with the HBr supply.
First, we are nearly out.  A spare bottle has been on order for many
weeks and has even shipped, but we do not have an estimated delivery yet
(it can be a surprisingly long time because of regulations governing
transport of hazardous chemicals).  Second, the HBr toxic gas sensor for
the gas cylinder has been having problems.  The sensor head has been
replaced and is under observation, but we cannot run HBr without monitoring.

Until these two problems are resolved, we will allow HBr use only during
regular working hours (Monday-Friday, ~8-4) to allow staff to monitor
both the remaining HBr supply and the sensor.  Lampoly will be shutdown
in the evenings.  A problem message will be posted on p5000etch.  We
will update Coral as we work to resolve this problems.

Your SNF Staff