[lampoly] Lampoly Update

Elmer Enriquez elmere at stanford.edu
Thu May 9 08:18:51 PDT 2013

Pradeep,
      I agree with your comments for the most part but with a couple of
clarification.  Regarding the holiday shutdowns.  In general, we do not
power down equipment unless there are planned power interruptions in the
lab.  Usually, parts of tools are turned off such as heaters but
computers and electronics are left on.  The lampoly started up fine
after the shutdown.  The root cause of our current problem was a
defective cooling which cooled the electronics rack.  As far the Plasma
Therm etchers,  I believe that they are in general a well designed
tool.  The rash of handling problems we have had recently has, for the
most part, been caused by users.  Resist left around edge of the wafers,
wafers too thin and wafer improperly placed on the loader has caused
most of handling issues.  I think this is just part of the learning
curve and that proper procedures and policies regarding resist and wafer
thickness should address.

Regards,