Problem metalica SNF 2005-08-03 11:18:07: coral won't disable machine

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 3 11:31:30 PDT 2005

Every once in a while (we haven't seen this happen in months)
one of the servers gets more than 256 threads running.  When this happens, the Coral servers automatically detect this and restarts the servers.
In this case, the event server had a problem ... and that is what tells your local client that the metalica was no longer enabled.
So, you DID disable metalica, but your client didn't get the proper notification and, as a result, your cCoral client didn't think that things had been disabled.
The automatic restart of the servers followed by restarting your Coral client, should resolve this.
Let me know if anyone sees any further problems.
Thanks,
John