Problem metalica SNF 2005-05-09 13:56:17: oxygen leak in chamber?

amyers at snf.stanford.edu amyers at snf.stanford.edu
Mon May 9 13:56:20 PDT 2005

I was running Ti on both targets.  Films came out deep purple.    Ranier used the same two targets after me.  Here are his            results.
1. First wafer ran on target b for 5 minutes came out perfect.
2. Second wafer ran on target b for 5 minutes after 5 minutes
cool came out slight dark.
3. Third wafer ran on target a for 5 minutes after 5 minutes
cool came out light purple.
4. Forth wafer ran on target a for 5 minutes after 5 minutes
cool came out deep purple.
I had the same problem last week when I sputtered Ti
I also noticed the pressure is much less stable in recent
weeks.
We also noticed on runs 3 and 4 of Ranier's test that the pressure went down on target a when the plasma went down
indicating oxygen gettering