Comment metalica SNF 2006-04-11 01:24:09: Power Supply Problem fixed

ericp at snf.stanford.edu ericp at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 11 01:24:10 PDT 2006

The problem was the atm interlock.. I replaced the atm switch.  The old one is dead.
Verified that the vacuum system is not leaking
(base in the e-7 Torr range, leakback less than
4e-6T/min).
Ohmmeter indicates that the switch is working
fine now- breaks the loop before the hoist
light is on. I can't enable the machine since it's
in shutdown. Since this is a safety interlock,
Staff should enable and double check that the
interlock is working (power supply can't come
on with the chamber vented, hoist down, HV enable on. Power
supply should be able to be turned on when pumped down).
I believe the system is ok to run after that.
The switch is currently wired with patch cables. It should be
permanently wired when time permits.
-Eric