Comment metalica SNF 2006-01-14 20:15:22: power isssues on metalica

crichter at snf.stanford.edu crichter at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Jan 14 20:15:23 PST 2006

I'm glad the system is working. I don't understand what happened on my run on Friday. I used both guns with chromium targets so I can get a total film thickness of 0.6um. I had another 15 minutes to go before my run was done, but I had problems getting plasma to strike. After flipping the switch to the TEST mode and venting the chamber, both guns A and B were in  'green' status. I inspected both targets and the wafer to look for any physical signs of flaking or arcing. I couldn't find anything obvious. Any ideas on what may have happened?