Shutdown metalica SNF 2011-03-22 18:42:41: roughing pump valve broken?

grahamab at snf.stanford.edu grahamab at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 22 18:42:41 PDT 2011

I was closing the roughing pump valve and when it got near the end (bottoming out), I heard a strange noise and then the knob spun freely.  I think the pin or whatever is inside broke.  Regardless, the valve can't be opened.  Deposition was run, but system was not vented since it can't be pumped back down.  Wafer is still inside the system, Pt target is personal item, not SNF.