liquid nitrogen

Robin King king at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 4 17:29:10 PST 2001

The maintenance folks replace the dewar when it's empty but sometimes
it gets away from them if the use rate has been high. Metalica users can
check it a day ahead, and if it's empty, let mainenance know-  directly,
through Coral, and by pushing the dewar out the door (the gentle hint
method).

We run the risk of backstreaming oil contaminants if we don't use the cold
trap so we always try to avoid that situation.