metalica ion gauge

John Lee sjlee at
Fri Jul 26 12:11:23 PDT 2002

Ironically while trying to make a smooth transition to the next user, in
my haste I inadvertently neglected to turn off the ion gauge before
starting the chamber N2 fill.  I caught the mistake midway but don't
know the exact pressure.  We all know this gauge is intended only for
very low (cryo-level) pressure, so this could be a potential problem.
If its failsafe mode is good things should okay, but I just wanted to
'fess up in case there is trouble-shooting & repair necessary.

Sorry for the mistake,