Metallica reservation

Rainer Fasching rfasch at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 6 14:37:50 PDT 2003

Hi Scott, thanks for your mail - but you should look closer. I was in the
clean room before 9 am this morning (ask Uli, Jim, Mike, ......if you like).
My reservations started on 10 30. Unfortunately the cryo showed a
temperature of about 20K-( Mohammed used at this time the machine) - which
does mean you have to regenerate the pump. This was done by  Jim Hayden The
whole process needs at least  5 hours. I think he forgot to put the machine
on red. The high temperature then diagnostic by you was caused from this
process. (You have to switch of the pump to warm up the plate to evaporate
the adsorbed material)
By the way I had to wait 3 days to get this slot which I could not use. I'm
in the same situation as you.
So please - before you blame someone for something be sure you are right!
Have a nice weekend and I know - it is no fun if you have to finish some
work and ...
-Rainer