Infraction with Innotec and Metalica

Jeannie Perez jperez at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 15 13:31:02 PDT 2003

To All Users,
I'd like to bring to your attention that we recently have had several
incidents involving, the Innotec and Metalica, which warrants this
message, and to reiterate SNF policy.

You can review more of our SNF Agreement form that was signed by you, on
our web site. I've selected a few sentences that will bring to mind the
importance of your safety, and others as well as the equipment.

Laboratory Policy:  The Labmember agrees to abide by all laboratory
policies, as stated in the SNF Labmember Orientation and Safety Manuals.
Although SNF provides a general safety course and training on the safe
use of specific  equipment, the Labmember assumes responsibility to plan
and perform work in such a way as to ensure his/her won personal safety
as well as the safety of others in the Labmember community.

Fees:  The Institution acknowledges responsibility for purchases,
materials costs and lab fees incurred by the LABMEMBER in his/her use of
SNF and at other stanford University departmental stockrooms.  The
Institution acknowledges it may be financially liable for equipment or
other  property damage if it is found to result from gross negligence or
deliberate violation, by the Labmember, of standard SNF policies and
procedures.

--
Jeannie Perez
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility