questions on metalica (urgent)

Ke Wang curlwang at stanford.edu
Wed May 12 18:59:33 PDT 2004

Dear metalica people,

I haven't used metalica for quite a while and I was planning to use it
tonight. There are a few things I'm not sure about. I'd like to wait for
your reply before I start. Thanks!!

1) I noticed there's a new cryo pump. and there's thermometer in front of
the nitrogen cooling tank, which i assume is reading the temperature of
the cryo pump (?). Now it reads 18C. I checked the record and it has
always been ~11C since installation. Does it need a regen now? Can I still
do my deposition tonight?

2) I remember long time ago the resistance sensor of target loading was
not functioning, and people had to do manual measurement. Is the problem
fixed now? Or we should still measure with multimeter?

3) Is there any other change that differs from the printed instruction?

I would really appreciate your (hopefully, quick:) ) response!! Thanks and
have a good evening,

Ke

Ke Wang
PHD Candidate
Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University

CISX B113-14
Stanford, CA 94305-4070

Phone: (650)723-8040