Metalica: Please watch the pump line

Takane Usui takane at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 11 18:04:22 PDT 2010

Dear next few users,

Please watch the quick flange (QF) clamp on the roughing pump line, especially when you open/close the roughing valve.  The clamp came loose once when Benny was using it yesterday and once again today when I was using it.

If the clamp comes off when you start roughing, it just wouldn't pump down so you'll notice.  But I am worried that if it is not clamped and get knocked off for some reason during cryo pumping, then it's bad for cryo; so it might be best to visually check before you leave it pumping.

Just a precaution... Thanks for reading!

Takane