Smooth Z-axis motion ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 31 16:25:24 PDT 2010

Probing community:

I've replaced the damaged brass threaded piece that controls the vertical position of the stage with a newly machined piece.  The vertical axis now works very nicely and the probes have been adjusted so that the probe stage can be in the middle of the "sweet spot" as indicated by the tape on the left near the left lever.

If you think you need to move the chuck height beyond this range ... DON'T!  If you think that you need to bend a probe tip .... DON'T!  If you think that you need to do either of these things, you may  not fully understand the full range of adjustment on this probe station.  Ask me and I'll gladly refresh your memory.

Thanks,
John