Upcoming changes in the test area ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:00:06 PDT 2011

Micromanipulator 6000 Community:

In the not-too-distant future, we will be replacing the antique HP 4145B
with a more modern Agilent B1500 instrument.
While this new instrument will likely be more-or-less electrically
equivalent to the old one, we will no longer have to put up with the
funky LIF-formatted disks.  Based on a very quick examination, I believe
that those of you who are comfortable with setting up and making a
measurement with the HP 4145B will find that the "virtual control panel"
on the new instrument is quite similar and should involve only a modest
learning curve.

While I don't yet know when the transition will take place, I'd like to
know if any of you will need the HP 4145B until a specific date or if
you would be willing to transition to the new B1500 as soon as it
becomes available.

If you think that you need the HP 4145 for a specific period of time,
please let me know.

Thanks,

John