CV Computer Status ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 21 15:35:29 PDT 2012

Micromanipulator 6000 Community:

I believe that the CV Measurement Capability has been restored.  I've
actually moved the existing SCSI hard disk, disk controller, and HP-IP
bus controller into a newer (but, still antique ...) computer.

The CV program now starts from DOS mode.  If you find that the machine
is running Windows when you come up to it, you need to select the
"Shutdown" item from the "Start" Menu and then select the "Reboot into
DOS Mode" (or words to that effect).

While I have not had time to make a real measurement, Kai Zang has
volunteered to do so (if nobody beats him to it) tomorrow morning.

Let me know if you encounter any further problems.
Johh